The 7 Sights in 7 Days Challenge is an online event that kicks off at the start of World Glaucoma Week on the 6 March and runs through until 31 March 2022 when fundraising closes.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions. You can also contact us or call our support team on 1800 500 880 if you need more information.
When can I sign up and start fundraising?
You can start right away! A great way to kick-off your fundraising is to make a self-donation, boost your efforts over World Glaucoma Week (6-12 March) and continue to raise money right up until fundraising closes at midnight on 31 March 2022.
This year’s fundraising target is $300,000 to help diagnose and support the 300,000 Australians living with glaucoma.
How do I take part in this challenge?
You can sign up and join the challenge on your own, with a team of friends or family or you can register and/or join a workplace team.
How much does it cost to register?
You can register for FREE and participate in the 7 Sights in 7 Days Challenge. Sign up here and let’s take glaucoma out of the picture.
How do I find the seven sights?
You can find them however you choose and at your own pace. Cycle around the neighborhood, walk, run, skate or even swim to discover and appreciate all the visual gems around you. Take an awesome pic and share it with everyone you know and don’t forget to hashtag #TreatYourEyes when you share your photos on Instagram!
Where is the challenge?
Anywhere in the world but we are keeping it local and encouraging everyone to get out an about in their neighborhoods to Find, Snap and Share the amazing sights in your neighbourhood.
What are the seven sights I need to find?
We have 7 themes (or sights) for you to discover this year. Remember you can Find, Snap and Share these seven sights in any order you like until the end of March.
- The Scenic Sight - like a panoramic sunset, breath-taking waterfall or underwater wonder
- The Historic Sight - find a monument, local artefact or something that is nostalgic
- The Selfie Sight - snap a fun pic of you or your team with an amazing backdrop behind you
- The Creative Sight - some street art, a sculpture or a local piece of art
- The Structures Sight - an epic skyscraper, windmill, bridge or local building
- The Hmmm Sight - like something quirky, unusual, unique or interesting
- The Culture Sight - discover a spot or something that shows off your community’s diversity
How do I share my fundraising page on Instagram?
Simply copy and paste your fundraising page URL to your Instagram bio and save. This way, when you share updates about the 7 Sights in 7 Days Challenge with your friends on Instagram you can direct them to donate to you through your link in your bio. This link will take them directly to your page to support you!
To share your fundraising page on other social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter), simply create post, paste your fundraising page URL, add a little message about why you’re taking part in the challenge and share it.
How do I share my sights with my community?
Share your awesome sights and how you’re tracking with your challenge on your preferred social media platform using the hashtag #TreatYourEyes. This is the best way to get your community engaged with your challenge and show them all the incredible sights you find!
P.S. if you share your photos on Instagram through a public profile with the #TreatYourEyes hashtag, you’re automatically entered into our ‘Best Picture’ competition.
What are the badges and how do they work?
For extra inspiration and motivation there are 15 badges for you to light up on your fundraising page! Why not challenge yourself to achieve them all - the more you light up the more chances you have to win some amazing prizes and, oh, bragging rights!
- Has a fundraising page
- Updated profile pic
- Made a self-donation
- Referred a friend
- Shared fundraising page on social
- Received first donation
- Received 5 donations
- Achieved fundraising target
- Snapped and uploaded Scenic Sight
- Snapped and uploaded Historic Sight
- Snapped and uploaded Selfie Sight
- Snapped and uploaded Creative Sight
- Snapped and uploaded Structure Sight
- Snapped and uploaded Hmmm Sight
- Snapped and uploaded Culture Sight
How do the Seven Sight badges work?
These are the steps to take to light up your Seven Sight badges on your dashboard:
- Decide which sight you will find that day. There are 7 themes to choose from
- Find it, Snap it and Share it with your supporters. Don’t forget to hashtag #TreatYourEyes on Instagram to enter our Best Pic Competition!
- Login into your dashboard and upload your pictures of your seven sights to light up your badges and be entered into the draw to win an awesome Canon PowerShot Camera*
You can complete your Seven Sights on any day and light up your badges in any order but you must do so before fundraising closes at the end of March.
What prizes can I win?
We want to recognise and reward all your incredible efforts – here are some great incentives and prizes, worth a total of almost $2,300. Keep your eye on your inbox from January to April and you will be entered into all the draws and competitions that you qualify for!
- The first 300 people to register will go in the draw to win 1 of 3 x $100 Visa Debit Card
- Raise $24 in 24 hours (8 March only) and go in the draw to win a $200 Visa Debit Card
- Raise $48 in 48 hours (3-5 March only) and go in the draw to win a $200 Visa Debit Card
- Meet your fundraising goal and go in the draw to win a $300 Red Balloon Experience Voucher
- Complete all Seven Sights and go in the draw to win a Canon Powershot camera valued at $399
- The person who captures the “Best Sight” voted by our judges will win a framed canvas featuring the chosen photograph valued at $350.
- The person who raises the most money by 31 March 2022 will win a $500 Visa Debit Card
Where does the money go?
About 1 in 10,000 babies are born with glaucoma, by age 40 about 1 in 200 have glaucoma, rising to 1 in 8 at age 80.
Every dollar you raise makes a difference and improves the quality of life for people living with glaucoma and their families.
- $35 will go towards raising vital awareness and early detection amongst Australians at risk of glaucoma
- $59 will provide 2 recently diagnosed people with the education they need to manage their glaucoma and prevent vision loss
- $90 will fund our free support line 1800 500 800 for 1 day, providing emotional and practical support to people in need
- $200 will go towards sight-saving research, including improvements in treatment and technology
If I am a part of a team, do I also need to upload the photos we take to my fundraising page?
Yes, each team member needs to upload the 7 sights to their own dashboard. This allows you to share your efforts with your page supporters and be eligible for entry into our competitions to win some great prizes.